We have to double-check your registration and make sure this is not an automated entry in our system. Please complete the test below...
Work: 98 x 80 cm
Frame: 107,5 x 90,5 cm
This painting reflects a lost composition by Hugo van der Goes that was adapted by numerous painters and miniaturists throughout the Netherlands, a.o. Rogier van der Weyden and his studio. Our work is an early 17th C. interpretation of this well-known genre (link).
- A similar version was sold at Christie's, New York, 22 april 2021, lot 10 (USD 137.500) (link).
- A similar version was sold at Christie's, London, 7 July 2006, lot 113 (link).
- The painting in general in good and hangable condition.
- Cradled panel.
- Left bottom corner with some minor flaking paint.
- Some retouches, in particular on the vertical 'fault lines' in the wood.
- Uv-light shows foremost the typical colour of the varnish.