We have to double-check your registration and make sure this is not an automated entry in our system. Please complete the test below...
Work: 58 x 41,7 cm
Frame: 71,5 x 54,5 cm
Literature: G. Spiessens, Leven en werk van de Antwerpse schilder Alexander Adriaenssen (1587-1661), Verhandelingen van de Koninklijke Academie voor Wetenschappen, Letteren en Schone Kunsten, LII, 1990, nr. 48, pp. 127 and 128 and image 29. A very similar composition is frequetly used in other works by Adriaenssen.
- 1942: Art dealer J.H.J. Mellaert or H. Pick and (in the cellar of the 'Gemeentemuseum', The Hague)?
- 1944 (6 and 7 June): Auction, De Jong, Hilversum, nr. 4.
- 1962 (27 and 28 March): Auction Douwes - Dekkers-Dekkers e.o., The Hague, nr. 2.
- 1963: Art dealer H. Jüngeling, The Hague
- Private Collection, Belgium.
- The painting in good and hangable condition.
- A cradled panel. The panel reinforced because of a crack in the panel about 5 cm from the top. The crack as a consequence restored.
- The fish and the table with no overpaint.
- Background with some overpaint (left top corner), top right at the height of the previously mentioned crack and middle part at the right side.
- Negligible damage to the borders (and negligible overpaint) due to the framing.